National Employment Agency: The Unemployment Rate in Bulgaria Remains at Record Low Level
In August 2019 Bulgaria’s unemployment was at 5.3% and remains unchanged as compared to the previous month, this country's National Employment Agency announced. Unemployment fell with 0.3 percentage points on an annual basis, BNR reported.
At the end of August a total of 172,643 unemployed Bulgarians were registered at the employment offices in this country, or 11,319 less as compared to the same month in 2018. 14,512 unemployed people started work.
The number of job vacancies amounted to 17,244. Two thirds of them were in the private sector. Highest number of job vacancies are in the processing industry, education, administration, trade, services and industry.
- » PM Boyko Borissov: Foreign Direct Investments in Bulgaria Increased by EUR 714.5 Million
- » Two Britons Traveled the World in Tandem Biking for 218 Days and 22 Hours
- » 15% of Bulgarians Live in a Dwelling without its Own Indoor Flushing Toilet
- » Today Is the Day of the Bulgarian Land Forces
- » PM Borissov with an Unique Gift to President Donald Trump
- » Minister Rosen Zhelyazkov: In 2020 there Will Be "Smart" Cities in Bulgaria