Low Interest Rates on Loans Have Led to More Interest
In 2015, interest in lending returned. Last year and this year it was the strongest, caused by a fall in interest rates. For mortgage loans, interest rates are between 2.75% and 3.3%, which is historically low. This is commented by the credit consultant Tihomir Toshev on BNT.
In consumer lending, most countries in Europe have higher interest rates than Bulgaria.
Just over BGN 100,000 is the average growth of a mortgage loan in the country. Over 130,000 BGN is the average mortgage loan in the capital, given the higher property prices in Sofia.The risks are to overestimate our capabilities.
The growth of deposits is very serious - almost BGN 55 billion is currently in the banks. Because of low interest rates and high inflation, we are losing some of our savings, which means we are thinking of other investment options, he said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Revenue Growth of nearly 13%
- » Vestbee launches New Program to Support Cleantech Startups
- » Bulgarian Finance Minister: Next Year the Minimum Wage should become BGN 940
- » Bulgarian National Bank: Incompetent and Irresponsible Statements! Changing the BGN-EUR Exchange Rate is Impossible
- » Bulgaria’s Finance Minister: There is No Risk of Bankruptcy
- » Bulgaria’s Finance Ministry will propose Budget 2023 with a 3% Deficit, Tax Changes and Spending Cuts