Ursula von der Leyen Approved the List of Proposals For New Commissioners
For Bulgaria, the name of Commissioner Maria Gabriel is confirmed.
Newly-elected European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen has announced that she has approved the list of proposals for new commissioners to submit to the European Parliament, BTA reported.
For Bulgaria, the name of Commissioner Maria Gabriel is confirmed. It is specified that tomorrow at noon, Ursula von der Leyen will present the distribution of responsibilities in the new EC.
The announcement shows that Romania has approved Rovana Plumb. It was one of the two names proposed by Bucharest.
Romanian authorities are the only ones who have responded to Ursula von der Leyen's desire to nominate a man and woman as commissioner in order to achieve gender balance in the new commission.
Ursula von der Leyen’s team of commissioners must now get the approval of the Parliament before it can replace the incumbent administration of current EU Commission president, Jean-Claude Juncker.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » NATO and the EU Fully Support Bulgaria after the Expulsion of 70 Russian Diplomats
- » The Czech EU Presidency: Rethink, Rebuild, Repower
- » EU Roaming Rules Extended until 2032
- » Macron: Thank you Bulgaria, Congratulations North Macedonia
- » "This is your European Duty": Macron urges Bulgaria to Support the Veto Compromise on North Macedonia
- » Greece is Proposing 2033 as the Deadline for the Western Balkans to Join the EU