The New Electric Buses in Sofia Will Have 25 and 60 Seats
The new 52 electric buses which Sofia Municipality will buy will be two types.
30 of them will be 5.5 to 7.5 meters long and the remaining 22 will be between 7.6 and 9.6 meters long. The shorter ones will have about 25 seats and the longer ones will have 60 seats for passengers. The information was announced on the social network by the Deputy Mayor of Sofia, Doncho Barbalov.
As Capital.bg reports, the purchase is under the Environment Program. The new vehicles will be used to transport passengers from the suburbs to metro stations. The routes for Gorna Banya, Ovcha Kupel, Lyulin and Vitosha Hydroelectric Power Plants in Simeonovo have already been developed.
Since the end of last year, 20 electric buses have been operating in Sofia's public transport. They are 12 meters long, with 90 seats for passengers and run on bus lines 9 and 309.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend