Australia is Considering Blocking Sites with Violent and Extremist Content
Australia is considering blocking websites that distribute violent and terrorist content. This was announced by Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison during the G7 summit in Biarritz, quoted by BTA.
Morrison said those measures are needed to avoid the dissemination of such "disgusting materials" on the network.
On March 15, an Australian shot dead 51 people in two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, and the attacks themselves were broadcast live on the internet. This showed that websites and platforms could be used to distribute extremist content with violence and terrorism, Morrison said in a statement. It recalls that such disgusting content has no place in Australia.
Measures that will be taken will restrict access to domains distributing terrorist documents. In addition, the Crisis Coordination Center will constantly monitor incidents of terrorism and extreme violence in order to block them online.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Austria urged North Macedonia to include Bulgarians in its Constitution
- » The EU has decided that from 2035 only New Cars with Zero Carbon Dioxide Emissions will be Sold
- » Day 399 of the Invasion of Ukraine: VSU hit Russian Occupied Melitopol multiple times
- » The Pentagon is preparing the US Space Force for a possible Conflict with Russia and China in Space
- » Biden urged Netanyahu to abandon the Judicial Reform
- » Another Night of Clashes in France - Over 740,000 Protested against the Pension Reform