Russia Introduced the World's First Floating Nuclear Power Plant
Russia introduced the world's first floating nuclear power plant. It bears the name "Akademik Lomonosov". The crew is ready to sail from Murmansk for a long voyage along the Northern Sea Route to Chukotka, Lyubomir Boyadzhiev wrote for NOVA TV.
The voyage of the reactor is expected to last between four and six weeks, depending on weather conditions and the amount of ice on the road.
Rosenergoatom says the main advantage of the reactor is its mobility, which allows it to reach any place where energy is needed.
Critics, however, recall the Soviet-era nuclear accidents to this day. And Greenpeace called the floating reactor a "nuclear Titanic."
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 131 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Zelensky promised to take back Lysychansk
- » Insults in Skopje against Bulgaria and the French Proposal
- » Day 130 of the Invasion of Ukraine: The Last Bastion in the East may Fall
- » North Macedonia’s Foreign Minister: The Macedonian Language will become Official in the EU
- » Day 129 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv accused Russia of shelling Snake Island with Phosphorus Bombs
- » Google will Delete the Location of Women who visited Abortion Clinics in the US