Russia Introduced the World's First Floating Nuclear Power Plant
Russia introduced the world's first floating nuclear power plant. It bears the name "Akademik Lomonosov". The crew is ready to sail from Murmansk for a long voyage along the Northern Sea Route to Chukotka, Lyubomir Boyadzhiev wrote for NOVA TV.
The voyage of the reactor is expected to last between four and six weeks, depending on weather conditions and the amount of ice on the road.
Rosenergoatom says the main advantage of the reactor is its mobility, which allows it to reach any place where energy is needed.
Critics, however, recall the Soviet-era nuclear accidents to this day. And Greenpeace called the floating reactor a "nuclear Titanic."
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » NATO and the EU Fully Support Bulgaria after the Expulsion of 70 Russian Diplomats
- » Day 128 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Casualties in Odessa after Rocket Attack
- » Henry Kissinger: There are Three Possible Ways Out of the War in Ukraine
- » The Czech EU Presidency: Rethink, Rebuild, Repower
- » The Hypocrisy of the EU on Ukraine
- » Macron: I am Convinced that We Found a Compromise Solution for Bulgaria and N Macedonia