Boris Johnson and Angela Merkel Talk About Brexit
British Prime Minister Boris Johnson is on his first visit abroad. In Berlin, he will speak with Chancellor Angela Merkel and Brexit will be the main topic of conversation.
It is expected that Johnson will also ask Merkel to change the so-called clauses for safeguard mechanism for the Irish border.
Yesterday he sent a letter to the President of the European Council, Donald Tusk, stating that he was so anti-democratic and contrary to Britain's sovereignty.
Johnson wants to look for alternatives to the clause. For her part, Merkel said she was ready to listen to everyone and comment on all options, but there would be no renegotiation of the agreement.
Tomorrow, Boris Johnson is leaving for Paris to speak with President Emmanuel Macron.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » All You Have to Know about the Upcoming General Election in Bulgaria
- » Will China Join Military Alliance with Russia to Take on US?
- » Bulgaria on Election Eve: Political Leaders, Medical Professionals Are Key Election Runners in Major Cities
- » US Secretary of State Congratulates Bulgarians on National Liberation Day
- » Orban’s Party Leaves EPP over Breach of EU Rules
- » Russia Talks Tough in Response to US and EU Sanctions