The Police Detected 44,539 Speeding Offences Only for a Week
The speed control operation has been completed, said the press office of the Interior Ministry.
The special police operation against speeding detected 44,539 speeding offences throughout the country. The operation, which took place from 12 to 18 August, was coordinated by European traffic police network TISPOL.
The largest number of offences was registered by mobile cameras – 21,038, followed by tripod-mounted cameras – 18,602, and fixed cameras – 4,862. Statistics show that most of the violations took place during the day – 41,583, while 2,956 were committed at night.
During the operation, 5 wanted persons and 9 illegal migrants were identified.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria – How Can We Help
- » Why is it so Hard to Predict Earthquakes?
- » Seismologist: Bulgaria cannot be Directly Affected by the Earthquake in Turkey
- » Bulgaria: The Second Stage of Repair of the Tram Line 5 in Sofia has Started
- » Bulgarian Red Cross and the Chief Mufti with Campaigns to Raise Funds to Help Victims of the Earthquake in Turkey
- » A Man with a Bulgarian Passport is among the Missing after the Earthquakes in Turkey