US Millionaire Donates Money for the Restoration of Cultural Monuments in Veliko Tarnovo
A US millionaire from Texas has been donating money to the Bulgarian city of Veliko Tarnovo. Edmund Beck has been buying and renovating cultural monuments in the former capital of Bulgaria for over 10 years.
Hadji Nikoli Inn situated on Samavodska Charshia is the pride of the eighty five-year-old former military pilot and veteran of the Vietnam War. The building constructed by the celebrated Bulgarian master builder Kolio Fitcheto in 1858 for the Bulgarian merchant Hadji Nikoli, who fought for church independence, is now a national cultural monument.
The restoration of the first Bulgarian hotel built after the Liberation from the Ottoman Rule “Tsar Boris” has also begun. So far Edmund Beck has invested over EUR 2 million in restoration of emblematic buildings in Veliko Tarnovo, BNR reported.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Tackling Bulgaria's Digital Literacy Gap: Minister's Urgent Call to Action
- » Georgi Gospodinov's 'Time Shelter' Enters New York University's Literary Canon
- » Bulgarian Double Transplant Recipient Conquers Mount Kilimanjaro’s Peak
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 198 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Snow Expected in the Northwest, Rainfall to Ease Up
- » Artists Protest Low Budget: Demand Higher Pay and Cultural Funding