100 People are Fighting the Wildfire in Southern Bulgaria
The wildfire near villages of Bryagovo, Rodopi, and Lyubenovo in the south Bulgarian district of Haskovo, engulfed nearly 8,000 decares of land, half of it with deciduous forest.
Some 100 people, including firefighters, forest officials, and military, are taking part in the efforts to extinguish the fire.
The main goal is to prevent it from reaching the populated areas. If necessary, a helicopter will be involved to fight the wildfire.
- » Flock of Pink Flamingos Settled in Lake Atanasovsko near Bulgaria’s Burgas
- » For the most Part Wildfires in Bulgaria are Caused by Human Activity
- » San Francisco Airport Banned Plastic Bottles
- » Fine Dust From Africa Passes Over Bulgaria
- » The Heat and Heavy Rains Will Last Longer Due to Climate Change
- » Weather Forecast: Sunny and Hot with Light Wind