The Lawyers Bar Association in Plovdiv Has Issued a Statement against Ivan Geshev's Views on the Separation of Powers
The Lawyers Bar Association in Plovdiv has issued a statement in which it strongly disagrees with the views expressed in a television interview by Ivan Geshev on the separation of powers, BNR reported.
According to the Association, it is completely unacceptable that the candidate for Prosecutor General should have an understanding of the nature of the lawyer's profession and of the figure and position of the lawyer other than those enshrined in the Constitution.
In their opinion, they also recall that "the main aspiration of the doctrine of separation of powers is to protect society from tyranny and to protect freedom, with the exception of the possibility of one person or body bringing all power together."
Plovdiv's lawyers urge the Supreme Judicial Council to take into account Ivan Geshev's comments in the interview in question when discussing his application for prosecutor general.
- » More than 60 Were Killed in Blasts at Mosque in Afghanistan
- » BFSA Withdraws Dangerous Romanian Mackerel from the Market
- » Bulgarian Warships Depart for NATO Missions
- » President Rumen Radev with a Comment about the State of the Media Environment in Bulgaria
- » The Iconic Barbie Doll Is Turning 60!
- » Plane Overshot the Runway in Alaska