The UK Will Introduce New Immigration Rules
British Prime Minister Boris Johnson has announced an initiative to change the UK's immigration rules aimed at attracting the "smartest and best" after Brexit, according to BNR.
The changes will include the removal of restrictions on the number of foreigners admitted to the UK with so-called. "Exceptional Talent visas,” as well as increasing the number of research institutes and universities that will be able to attract elite scientists and promising talents from around the world.
Mr Johnson said in a statement: ‘I want the UK to continue to be a global science superpower, and when we leave the EU we will support science and research and ensure that, far from losing out, the scientific community has a huge opportunity to develop and export our innovation around the world.’, Metro UK reported.
In his campaign before being elected Conservative Party leader last month, Boris Johnson said he would introduce an immigration system such as the Australian one, in which candidates for permanent residency and employment are ranked according to a point system depending on their education and skills.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Initial Data after the Introduction of the Euro in Croatia: Inflation is Slowing Down
- » Day 345 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Speculations about a Peace Plan and an End to the War
- » The January "Jump" in Prices in Croatia Turned Out to be 0.2%
- » The US and Canada are Tracking Suspected Chinese Surveillance Balloons
- » The European Commission will return the Monitoring of the Rule of Law in Bulgaria
- » Lavrov: Moldova could be the next Ukraine