Kristalina Georgieva Thanked the Bulgarian Government for the Support of her Nomination for IMF Chief
On Twitter, Kristalina Georgieva has thanked the Bulgarian government and Prime Minister Boyko Borissov for the support of her nomination for the position of chief of the International Monetary Fund.
The Bulgarian nominee received the support of the EU on Friday, after an intense 12-hour meeting of EU finance ministers. Traditionally, the election of a new IMF chief requires consensus of the 24-member Executive Board, in which all 189 IMF Member States are represented on a quota basis.
The highest weight is given to the votes of the United States, Japan and China, BNR reported.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » "Trend" Survey: What are the Attitudes of Bulgarians Days before the Elections
- » Ukraine asked Bulgaria for Heavy Weapons - the Caretaker Government Refused
- » MFA Warned: Bulgarians with Dual Citizenship in Russia are Subject to Mobilization
- » Bulgaria’s MFA: Ballots and Voting Machines abroad have been Delivered
- » Kiril Petkov: We have a Great chance to be First in the Elections and have 121 Deputies
- » Ministry of Foreign Affairs: Bulgarian Citizens should Hastily Leave Russia