Kristalina Georgieva Thanked the Bulgarian Government for the Support of her Nomination for IMF Chief
On Twitter, Kristalina Georgieva has thanked the Bulgarian government and Prime Minister Boyko Borissov for the support of her nomination for the position of chief of the International Monetary Fund.
The Bulgarian nominee received the support of the EU on Friday, after an intense 12-hour meeting of EU finance ministers. Traditionally, the election of a new IMF chief requires consensus of the 24-member Executive Board, in which all 189 IMF Member States are represented on a quota basis.
The highest weight is given to the votes of the United States, Japan and China, BNR reported.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Loud Protest against the opening of a Bulgarian club in North Macedonia
- » Bulgaria: "We Continue the Change" did not accept GERB's offer - they remain Opposition
- » US announces New Foreign Military Financing to support Bulgarian Modernization and Regional Defense
- » Bulgaria is negotiating the Purchase of second-hand Fighter Jets
- » Boyko Borissov will not be an MP in the New Bulgarian Parliament
- » Bulgaria: Parts of Kapitan Andreevo Border Checkpoint declared a National Security Object