At Least 18 Killed after a Pakistani Military Plane Crashed in a Residential Area
At least 18 people were killed in a small military plane crash. The plane belongs to the Pakistani Army's aviation unit, Nova TV reported. The incident occurred in a residential area in Rawalpindi on Tuesday morning during a routine training flight.
Five crew members including the pilots and 13 civilians were among the dead, rescue services said. The wounded were 12.
After the crash, a large fire broke out in the area of the shopping complex, affecting several houses.
The cause of the plane crash is still unclear.
According to BBC witnesses at the scene said the aircraft crashed into a family home in a residential area around 02:00 local time (07:00 GMT).
"I was awake when the plane flew over my room and it was already on fire in the air," said resident Ghulam Khan. "The sound was so scary, it was only a small plane. It then fell on a house where a family used to live."
Another witness, Yasir Baloch, said: "The tail of the plane was on fire and it took barely two to three seconds and it crashed four houses away from my house and burnt to ashes."
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 588 of the Invasion of Ukraine: A Large Part of Russia's Black Sea Fleet has left Sevastopol
- » Italy: At least 21 Dead after a Bus carrying Tourists fell off an overpass in Venice
- » The US House of Representatives removed Kevin McCarthy as Speaker
- » Poland and the Czech Republic introduce Checks on the Slovak Border
- » The European Commission expects Harmful Emissions in the EU to be Reduced by at least 90% by 2040
- » Day 587 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Prigozhin’s Son takes control of Wagner