The President will Present His Arguments For Vetoing the F-16 Contract
President Rumen Radev will present his arguments for vetoing the Law on the ratification of the contract for the purchase of 8 F-16 Block 70 aircraft.
Yesterday, the head of state returned the texts to the National Assembly because of the lack of sufficient political and public consensus on the parameters of the treaty.
According to Radev, the law was adopted on the "fast track", leaving a number of important issues unnoticed, among them the price, guarantees, terms, penalties and contractual damages.
Meanwhile, at an extraordinary meeting, Defense MPs will look at the presidential veto and the motives for it.
Yesterday, GERB said it would not delay the acquisition of fighters.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Petkov and Vassilev's Project Garners Public Support before Elections
- » What Results the Census Would Yield in Bulgaria?
- » Bulgarian State Railways (BDZ) Reports steep Decline in Passengers
- » Bulgaria Restaurateurs Brace for Further Protests against Anti-covid Restrictions
- » What Is in Focus of Bulgaria's New Interim Government
- » Political Parties Do Not Disclose Their Presidential Candidates for Fear of Unleashing Smear Campaign