Ivan Geshev Was Nominated for Chief Prosecutor
Ivan Geshev is the first nomination for the new Chief Prosecutor. There are 11 people behind his candidacy, including the current Chief Prosecutor Sotir Tsatsarov, whose term expires in January.
We recall that the July Session of the SJC will hold four sessions for the submission of proposals for candidates for the Chief Prosecutor. Proposals can be made by at least three of the members of the Prosecutor's Office and the Minister of Justice.
Deadline for submission of a written concept by candidates is August 12. On September 12, the SJC's plenum will hold a meeting to announce the date, time and place of a hearing of candidates for the Chief Prosecutor.
The Plenum of the Supreme Judicial Council will hear the candidates and will hold a Chief Prosecutor's election on 24.10. 2019, provides for the agreed timetable (chronogram) for conducting the procedure. The decision for an election of a candidate shall be adopted by a majority of not less than seventeen votes from the members with an explicit vote. The Chief Prosecutor is appointed and dismissed by the President on a proposal by the Supreme Judicial Council plenary for seven years without the right to be reelected.
Further information will be provided.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » President Radev Will Start Consultations with Parties on Possible New Government
- » Slavi Trifonov: GERB Is Toxic Party
- » Fidel Castro's Brother Raul Steps Down in Cuba
- » Russia Expels 10 US Diplomats in Response to US Moves
- » Bulgarian Health Minister Insists Disbanding COVID-19 Task Force “Makes Sense”
- » Bulgaria: Slavi Trifonov Breaks Silence, Comments on Majority Voting and GERB