Police Officers Are Searching Apartments of Islamic Extremists due to Suspicions of Possible Plans for an Attack
German police have been running an operation against Islamists in the province of Nordrhein-Westfalen since early this morning, according to the correspondent Maria Stoyanova.
According to the security services, there is an evidence of a prepared attack.
The centre of the investigation is a dwelling in Dueren (Düren). Apartments in Cologne (Köln) are also being searched. Two men were detained for interrogation.
People living in the neighbourhood of the investigated homes support the police, and are saying that under no circumstances should they make compromises.
Officers were searching for “concrete indications” of any plans for an attack, 660 News reported, quoting The Associated Press.
More information on the results of the operation is expected by the end of the day.
- » Increased Traffic Today, Large Queues at the Border Checkpoints
- » Today We Celebrate the International Day of Peace
- » Twitter Closed Thousands of Accounts Around the World For Spreading Fake News
- » Millions of People Around the World Have Joined the Global Climate Strike
- » Fire Burned Dozens of Decares of Forests near Vidin
- » Yordanka Fandakova: For Four Years Sofia Municipality Has Invested BGN 55 Million in Healthcare