The Food Trade Shrinks, the Fuel Trade Increases
Turnover of grocery stores shrank in May, both from the previous month and from May last year. The speed of petrol stations is rising. This is evident from the preliminary data of the National Statistical Institute, announced today.
In the "Retail trade, except of motor vehicles and motorcycles" the turnover decreased by 0.2% compared to April and compared to May 2018 the increase was only 0.4%.
For a month in the retail trade of food, beverages and tobacco, the decrease was by 1.6%. In the retail trade in automotive fuels and lubricants, the monthly increase was 2.7%.
Compared to a year earlier, the decline in purchases of food and beverages was 2.7% and the increase in fuel was 4.7%.
For other non-food goods, NSI reported an increase in sales of textiles and clothing by 2.8% per month and by 1.6% year-on-year. A more significant monthly decline was seen in the retail trade in household appliances, furniture and other household goods by 2.4%, compared to a year earlier with an increase of 4.2%
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Weather Today - May 31st
- » Serbian President Alexander Vucic Аrrives in Bulgaria to meet PМ Boyko Borissov
- » Eurostat: Annual Inflation Down to 0.1% in Euro Area
- » The Arrest of CNN-Reporters is Strictly Against the Law
- » Dangerous Minneapolis Riots do not Calm Down
- » Bulgarians Amongs the Citizens with the Biggest Financial Lost amid Pandemic