Outbreaks of African Swine Fever Can Bring Significant Damages to Bulgaria
Five villages are affected by outbreaks of African swine fever in domestic swines. The infected animals are 51. This is one of the most significant diseases, which can bring significant damage to Bulgaria, said Deputy Minister of Agriculture Associate Professor Dr. Yanko Ivanov in the studio of BNT1.
In Northeastern Bulgaria there are 600,000 industrially-kept pigs. In the summer season, there is an active tourist and agricultural activity and the risk is increasing many times, commented Prof. Ivanov.
He assured that compensation by law will receive only those who are properly registered. It is being discussed how to help people who have suffered losses. We will find a way to compensate them, but perhaps not all of them, said the Deputy Minister and specified that those who acted indiscriminately would not be compensated.
Today there is a meeting with the governors from Northern Bulgaria and all those who are interested in the matter.
- » Over BGN 1.374 Billion in Tourist Nights Spent in 9 Months
- » Prime Minister Boyko Borissov: Bulgaria's GDP Grows (PHOTO)
- » Vitosha Boulevard in the Top 50 of the Most Expensive Streets in Europe
- » The Low-Cost Carrier Ryanair Opens a New Route to Bulgaria
- » Croatia Introduces the Euro by the End of the Next Government's Term
- » Portugal Raises the Minimum Wage to EUR 635