Bulgarians Working Abroad Remain a Major Investor in the Bulgarian Economy
Bulgarians working abroad remain a major investor in the Bulgarian economy. According to data from the balance of payments of the Bulgarian National Bank, since the beginning of the year they have sent nearly 400 million euro to their relatives.
The amount is higher than in the same period in 2018 when Bulgarian emigrants contributed EUR 392.5 million or EUR 6.9 million less. For April alone, the proceeds are over 105 million euro, which however is about 5 million euro less, than in March when they were 110 million.
The lowest number of translations since the beginning of the year was in January - 88 million euro. On average on the day of the fourth month of the year Bulgarians abroad sent 3.5 million euro in their homeland. According to official statistics, traditionally most money in Bulgaria is sent from Germany, Spain and the United States.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: New Business Grant Scheme Aimed at Middle Companies
- » Bulgarian National Bank puts into Circulation New Series of Banknotes
- » IIB Places a New CZK-Denominated Bond under the MTN Programme
- » World Bank: 60 Million People Could be Pushed in Poverty Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic
- » Foreign Investments in Bulgaria Increased by 100 Million Euros in the First Quarter
- » Income of Bulgarians Increases by 12% for the First Quarter