Bulgarians Working Abroad Remain a Major Investor in the Bulgarian Economy
Bulgarians working abroad remain a major investor in the Bulgarian economy. According to data from the balance of payments of the Bulgarian National Bank, since the beginning of the year they have sent nearly 400 million euro to their relatives.
The amount is higher than in the same period in 2018 when Bulgarian emigrants contributed EUR 392.5 million or EUR 6.9 million less. For April alone, the proceeds are over 105 million euro, which however is about 5 million euro less, than in March when they were 110 million.
The lowest number of translations since the beginning of the year was in January - 88 million euro. On average on the day of the fourth month of the year Bulgarians abroad sent 3.5 million euro in their homeland. According to official statistics, traditionally most money in Bulgaria is sent from Germany, Spain and the United States.
- » It is Possible For Bulgaria to Join the "Waiting Room" For the Euro Area by June 2020
- » The Euro Zone Budget Will Be Approximately EUR 17 Billion
- » Six Bulgarian Banks Rank in the Top 100 of the Largest Financial Institutions in Central and Eastern Europe
- » IMF: Trade Wars Affect the Global Economy
- » The Banks which Are Affected by Brexit Are Heading to Frankfurt
- » What Is Sure for Budget 2020: 10% Increase in Public Administration Salaries, as well as a Double Increase in Teacher Salaries