Facebook Evacuates Four Buildings After Possible Sarin Exposure
Two people may have been injured, writes NOVA TV.
Two people may have been injured at a post office in Menlo Park, Calif., Used by Facebook. One of the shipments may contain a sarin, NOVA TV quoted an information from local authorities.
Currently two employees who have been in close proximity to suspicious packages feel normal, there are no signs of poisoning, authorities said.
For security reasons, four buildings were evacuated immediately.
Sarin was found in 1938 in Germany. It is liquid without color and odor and is in the category of unstable toxic substances. Sarin, a potent toxic compound that disrupts the nervous system, has been used as a chemical weapon. Exposure can be fatal.
The Chemical Weapons Convention, which entered into force in 1997, prohibits the production, storage and use of it.
- » 5G Technology is Being Tested in Slovenia
- » Mystery Rocket was Launched in Space this Sunday
- » Nearly 4 Million People Worldwide are Infected with COVID-19
- » German Chancellor Angela Merkel Called on Kosovo and Serbia to Reach an Agreement by the End of 2020
- » UN: Sharp Decline in the World Food Prices because of the Coronavirus
- » Russia is Now in the Top 5 of the Most Affected by the Coronavirus Countries