Day 3 Talks on the Allocation of Senior Posts in the EU Continue
The talks on the allocation of senior posts in the European Union are being renewed, writes NOVA TV.
In two consecutive days, negotiations in Brussels failed. The 28 Heads of State and Government can not choose who will be at the head of the European Commission and with what posts those who compromise will be compensated.
Kristalina Georgieva is in the fight for the president of the European Commission. On Monday, Prime Minister Boyko Borissov announced that he had removed Georgieva from the list of favorites for the next post - President of the European Council. She will, however, take part in the big game for the most crucial post in Europe - heir to Jean-Claude Juncker.
Ms Georgieva was proposed to succeed Mr Tusk. She is an economist and ex-EU Commissioner, who has been chief executive of the World Bank since 2017.
Diplomats say summit chair Donald Tusk proposed Dutch centre-left politician Frans Timmermans to succeed Mr Juncker.
The rare Sunday summit was called because EU leaders failed on 20 June to agree on candidates for the Commission president's job and other top posts: European Council president (to replace Donald Tusk); High Representative for foreign policy (to replace Federica Mogherini); European Parliament president and European Central Bank president.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » "Bulgargaz" with an Estimated Gas Price for October of EUR 137.69 per megawatt hour
- » Bulgaria: The State to grant a Loan of BGN 800 million to Bulgargaz
- » Bulgarian Energy Minister: All Gas Sources are on the Table, including Gazprom
- » Minister of Tourism: Over 50,000 Russians have Visited Bulgaria by the End of June
- » Bulgaria: Book Bus Tickets In Advance for the Southern Black Sea Coast
- » The Import of Russian Coal into the EU Stops from Today