The Leaders of the European Union Suspended Their Summit - They Will Continue on Tuesday
The leaders of the European Union suspended their summit, which began on Sunday and lasted about 20 hours. No consensus has been reached in the negotiations for the election of new heads of the main European institutions. The search will continue on Tuesday, when the session will begin at 11 am Bulgarian time.
Reuters, referring to diplomatic sources, wrote that European Union leaders are close to awarding socialist Dutchman Frans Timmermans the job of European Commission president, with the center-right Kristalina Georgieva lined up to head the European Council. Belgium’s Prime Minister Charles Michel is a strong candidate for the job of EU foreign policy chief.
Reuters also stated that Manfred Weber, who the center-right European People’s Party had wanted to lead the Commission, looked set to head the European Parliament.
Mariya Gabriel also figurates among the candidates.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria's PM Borissov and Serbian President Vucic Inspected Balkan Stream Construction
- » Italy's Foreign Minister Luigi Di Maio: Don't Treat Italy like a Leper Colony
- » Trump's War Against Social Media
- » European Commission: EUR 9.218 Billions Grants for Bulgaria, Italy and Spain on Top of the Table
- » Doubts Remain over Readiness of Bulgaria, Croatia and Romania for Schengen
- » Bulgaria Lifts 14-Day Quarantine, It Remains for 8 Countries Only