The British Parliament Was Evacuated Due to a Fire Alert
The British Parliament was evacuated today due to a fire alert, BTA reported.
Reuters witness said that “A message over the PA system urged people to leave the building. Lawmakers were also asked to leave the area as a loud alarm sounded. The alarm ended around 20 minutes later and lawmakers, staff and journalists were allowed back into the Palace of Westminster.”
A message was sent to everyone to leave the building. MEPs were also urged to go out after the alert.
While the palace undergoes some repairs, it is not expected a major recovery and renovation program to be launched until mid-2020.
- » China Will Waive Import Duties on some Soybean and Pork Supplies from the United States
- » Bulgaria among the Countries with Largest share of Old Aircraft
- » Donald Tusk: Brexit - One of the Most Spectacular Mistakes in the EU History
- » Many Flights Will Be Canceled due to Strike in France
- » US Imposes New Sanctions on China over the Violent Crackdowns on the Muslim Minority
- » The EC Meets Without Using any Paper for the First Time