Washington Banned US Airlines to Fly Over Iranian Waters
This is a day after Iran removed a US intelligence drones, reported NOVA TV.
While Iran insists that the drone was moving in stealth mode over its territorial waters, the US argues that it was flying over international waters. The incident has further strained an already tense situation in the region, with Washington not ruling out an air strike against Iran in retaliation to the incident.
Washington has today banned US airlines from crossing Tehran-controlled airspace over the Persian Gulf and the Gulf of Oman.
The limitation is introduced because of the "intensification of military action and growing political tensions in the region, which poses a risk to US civil aviation operations," said the US Civil Aviation Administration.
- » Eurostat: EU Exports of Services to Countries outside of the EU Valued at €945 Billion
- » Boris Johnson is Preparing for Trade Talks with the US
- » Taj Mahal to be Cleaned for the First Time in 300 Years because of Donald Trump’s Visit
- » "Mission Impossible" Movie Shoot Canceled due to the Coronavirus in Italy
- » The EU Decides within Days whether to Start Membership Talks with Tirana and Skopje
- » The White House: The US Needs Funding to Fight the Coronavirus