The New Chief Prosecutor Will Be Elected Days Before the Local Elections
The new Chief Prosecutor will be elected days before the local elections. The Plenum of the Supreme Judicial Council decided that the election will take place on October 24th, adjusting the date of November 14th, as Sotir Tsatsarov proposed. Nominations for candidates will be made no later than July 29th, and the start of the procedure will be on July 15th.
Tsatsarov's mandate ends on January 10, 2020.
According to magistrates, their concepts do not need to be on the SJC's website.
By law, nominations can be made by no less than three members of the SJC Prosecutor's Office and the Minister of Justice.
The current Minister - Danail Kirilov has already stated that he won’t name a candidate. The president appoints the prosecutor with a decree.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » BSP Leader Ninova: There is No Agreement for Me to be Chairman of the National Assembly
- » World Leaders Bid their Farewell to Merkel
- » Bosnia needs Attention to Save itself from Disintegration
- » NATO Secretary General Stoltenberg: The Situation in the Western Balkans is becoming Dangerous
- » Political Negotiations: the Speaker of Parliament to be Changed every year