The New Chief Prosecutor Will Be Elected Days Before the Local Elections
The new Chief Prosecutor will be elected days before the local elections. The Plenum of the Supreme Judicial Council decided that the election will take place on October 24th, adjusting the date of November 14th, as Sotir Tsatsarov proposed. Nominations for candidates will be made no later than July 29th, and the start of the procedure will be on July 15th.
Tsatsarov's mandate ends on January 10, 2020.
According to magistrates, their concepts do not need to be on the SJC's website.
By law, nominations can be made by no less than three members of the SJC Prosecutor's Office and the Minister of Justice.
The current Minister - Danail Kirilov has already stated that he won’t name a candidate. The president appoints the prosecutor with a decree.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » GERB Could Support Kiril Petkov
- » Asen Vassilev: The Expectations are that there will be a Government next week
- » New Speaker of Parliament: Our Goal is to make Politics in a New Way, in the Right Way
- » Anti-Vaxers Chased Kiril Petkov to his home in Sofia (Video)
- » Overview: The Inauguration of 47th National Assembly. New Chairman and Promises of Change
- » Council of Europe expects Urgent Reduction in the Influence of the Bulgarian Prosec. Gen. on the SJC