UK Will Completely Cut Greenhouse Gas Emissions by 2050
UK will completely stop releasing greenhouse gases by 2050, the BBC said.
The goal is set in a new government program to combat climate change and the objectives set will be tantamount to a law. Britain is the first major nation to propose this target
According to Prime Minister Theresa May, the reduction of pollution will benefit public health and will reduce healthcare costs.
Britain is the first major country to commit to such rules. This has been widely praised by green groups. and some of them are giving the country as a good example. The goal is to cut the greenhouse gas emissions with 80%.
The announced measures are not entirely positive, however. Some believe that the 2050 deadline is too far in time. Others are of the opinion that the total abolition of greenhouse gas emissions is practically unfeasible.
Politicians who oppose the announced plan have indicated the huge cost of such a project, with some estimates amounting to more than 900 billion pounds.
- » It Will Be Mostly Sunny Today, Isolated Showers Are Possible in the Mountains
- » Тhis Summer Was the Hottest on Record in the Northern Hemisphere
- » Neno Dimov: Less than 3% of the Imported Waste in 2018 Is Burned in TPPs
- » The Ozone Hole over Antarctica - the Smallest in almost 30 Years!
- » It Will be Sunny Again Today, with Highs Between 29C and 34C
- » It will be Sunny Today, with Scattered High Clouds Around Midday