Bulgarian President Convenes a Round Table on the Election of a Chief Prosecutor
President Rumen Radev convenes for a round table on the upcoming election of a new Chief Prosecutor.
The head of state will listen to the positions of the non-governmental sector and the professional organizations of Bulgarian lawyers in relation to the selection criteria and the powers of the future prosecutor number one.
Last month, Radev also discussed the issue with representatives of the executive and the judiciary.
Then Chief Prosecutor Sotir Tsatsarov said the talks had started, and the president replied that they were aiming to meet the public expectations of a transparent procedure.
The mandate of the current Chief Prosecutor expires in January 2020.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Emergency Epidemic Situation in Bulgaria Is Extended until August 31
- » Bulgaria: The Government Will Announce New Social Measures
- » Bulgaria: The National Assembly Accepted the Changes in the Cabinet
- » Protests in Bulgaria: 15th Day - Protesters Closed Ten Junctions in Sofia, Thrown Sunflower Seeds and Candy in Front of the Council of Ministers
- » Protests in Bulgaria: 14th Day in a Row Under the Motto "Let’s Block Sofia First and Then the State"
- » 13 Days Protests in Bulgaria: "We Are the Vote of No Confidence"