Ekaterina Zaharieva: We Must Speed Up the Construction of Corridor № 8
We must speed up the construction of pan-European corridor № 8, said Bulgaria’s Foreign Minister Ekaterina Zaharieva after the first meeting of the inter-governmental commission for the implementation review of the Treaty of Friendship, Good neighbourhood and Cooperation with North Macedonia.
There is no rail link as yet between Sofia and Skopje, though financing for it has been secured, said Minister Zaharieva after a meeting with her counterpart from North Macedonia Nikola Dimitrov. The two discussed the development of relations in the economy, culture, education and the work of the joint commission of history.
Historical issues are, to us, a keystone in the good neighbourhood agreement so we may be able to teach young people the truth, Ekaterina Zaharieva emphasized, and urged the joint commission to work intensively.
/ via BNR
- » EC to Present Reports on Bulgaria and Romania Tomorrow
- » Ekaterina Zaharieva Meets with Sergey Lavrov in Moscow
- » PM Borissov - The State Is Making Sure that the Next Generations Won't Be Burdened with Debt
- » President Radev Will Attend the Enthronement of Emperor Naruhito
- » Simeon Saxe-Coburg-Gotha: Brexit Is a Colossal Mistake
- » The Discussions on the EU Enlargement Will Be Resumed before the EU-Western Balkans Summit