Bulgarian Party Subsidy Will be BGN 1 Per Vote
,, We are introducing a law on party subsidy of BGN 1 per vote'', Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borissov told reporters after a meeting with GERB Group in the National Assembly.
,,It will finally be like in the Czech Republic and many other countries - billionaires and oligarchs will become prime ministers. It will not take long and the parties will become the property of the businessmen. That's why yesterday we made a decision of the Council of Ministers, we went to parliament last night and introduced a law for a BGN 1 subsidy, "Borissov commented.
“We insisted 2 years ago that the subsidy should be 1 lev but other forces prevailed back then, apparently. Now, as soon as they adopt the law, what GERB has over-received, as well as all other parties, we will immediately return it to the budget," Borisov explained.
The subsidy will be reduced from July 1 this year.
Finance Minister Vladislav Goranov said GERB has always maintained that parties should have a predictable way of financing, but the political situation is causing other solutions: ,,They must have a reliable funding mechanism'', he said.
Novinite.com recalls that this week, a prosecutor's inspection found out that five political parties had received more money than the law provided.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend