More and More Children between 7 and 8 Years of Age Are Suffering from High Blood Pressure
More and more children at school and pre-school age develop arterial hypertension, also known as high blood pressure.Scientists have found that even children between the ages of 7 and 8 are suffering from this disease. This was announced by the cardiologist Prof. Krasimira Hristova, Director of the for Eastern Europe's Regional Office of the World Hypertension League, quoted by Darik.
According to her, most affected are boys, and every ten Bulgarian who is under 25 year of age suffers from arterial hypertension. "The hypertensives in Bulgaria are more than 2 million. There are more and more children in the doctor's offices, who are diagnosticated with arterial hypertension. Blood pressure of 140 to 90 is too high for a child" said Prof. Hristova.
Some of the reasons she pointed out are overweight, childrens' lifestyle and long amount of time spend glued computers. "The disease it is also found even in early school age - between 7 and 8 years."
Most affected are the teenagers due to their lifestyle, eating habits. These things are a fact and contribute to the rise in blood pressure, "she said, recommending that such disturbing trends can be avoided with more movement, sports, more time in open space, healthy food, low salt content in the diet and reduction in body weight.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 292 New Cases on July 11 in 4540 PCR Tests
- » Anti-Record: 330 Newly Registered Cases of COVID-19 in Bulgaria
- » Daily Record: 240 New Cases of COVID-19 in Bulgaria, 6342 Total
- » Daily Record: 188 Cases of COVID-19 in Bulgaria, 6102 Total
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: 174 Newly Registered Cases on July 7, 5914 Total
- » Bulgaria: A Fifth Pastor Died of COVID-19 After a Meeting in Perushtitsa