The First Tests of the Toll System in Bulgaria Began
The state expects to collect over BGN 1 billion per year, reported NOVA TV.
The first tests of the future toll system for trucks and buses started. The demonstration will take place at Lesnovo Airport.
Toll charges will take effect from 16 August and will only apply to vehicles weighing over 3 tonnes and a half. Cars will continue to run with electronic vignettes.
The state expects to collect more than one billion a year, which will go to repair and maintain the roads.
The map of areas that fall within the scope of the system is now ready.
There will be no double billing for drivers who bought an electronic vignette by the end of the year.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend