The Rape Lawsuit Brought against Cristiano Ronaldo Was Dropped
The rape lawsuit brought against Juventus F.C. star Cristiano Ronaldo is dropped, media reports in the United States reported.
A confirming notification was handed over by a court in Las Vegas, Nevada last month. It is unclear whether the Portuguese professional footballer has reached an out-of-court settlement with the accuser Kathryn Mayorga, writes bloomberg.com.
In March it was reported that Juventus won’t take part in the International Champions Cup to avoid a possible retention of Ronaldo by the US authorities.
We remind you that on September 27 last year, teacher Kathryn Mayorga filed a complaint alleging that she was sexually assaulted by Ronaldo back in 2009. At that time Mayorga was working as a budding model.
Ronaldo publicly denied the allegations and never filed a response to the lawsuit.
Anyway, the scandal seriously hurt the image of the Portuguese and the shares of Juventus fell by 15%.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » More Than 10,000 Arrested Protesters in America
- » Scientists Have Revealed Dinosaurs Last Meal
- » New Evidence Suggests That Mars Indeed Had a Ring
- » An Earthquake of Magnitude 6.8 Struck Off Chile’s Coast
- » Trump Threatens to Deploy the US MiIitary if "Violent Protests" Continue
- » Michel Barnier Accused Boris Johnson of Not Keeping His Promises