The Rape Lawsuit Brought against Cristiano Ronaldo Was Dropped
The rape lawsuit brought against Juventus F.C. star Cristiano Ronaldo is dropped, media reports in the United States reported.
A confirming notification was handed over by a court in Las Vegas, Nevada last month. It is unclear whether the Portuguese professional footballer has reached an out-of-court settlement with the accuser Kathryn Mayorga, writes bloomberg.com.
In March it was reported that Juventus won’t take part in the International Champions Cup to avoid a possible retention of Ronaldo by the US authorities.
We remind you that on September 27 last year, teacher Kathryn Mayorga filed a complaint alleging that she was sexually assaulted by Ronaldo back in 2009. At that time Mayorga was working as a budding model.
Ronaldo publicly denied the allegations and never filed a response to the lawsuit.
Anyway, the scandal seriously hurt the image of the Portuguese and the shares of Juventus fell by 15%.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Mystery Rocket was Launched in Space this Sunday
- » Nearly 4 Million People Worldwide are Infected with COVID-19
- » German Chancellor Angela Merkel Called on Kosovo and Serbia to Reach an Agreement by the End of 2020
- » UN: Sharp Decline in the World Food Prices because of the Coronavirus
- » Russia is Now in the Top 5 of the Most Affected by the Coronavirus Countries
- » The Cabinet Allocates nearly BGN 1.5 Million in Aid to 12 Countries and UNICEF for the Fight against COVID-19