The President of Bulgaria is Hoping For Direct Supplies of Russian Gas Through the Black Sea
The President of Bulgaria Rumen Radev is hoping for direct supplies of Russian gas through the Black Sea and the completion of the Belene NPP project.
This is stated by the head of state in an interview with the Russian news agency Tass before joining the International Economic Forum in St. Petersburg.
Radev says Bulgaria plans to receive blue fuel through the "Turkish Stream", but stresses that direct deliveries are more reliable and cheap.
According to Radev, economic co-operation with Moscow, especially in the field of energy, needs to be developed, but in line with basic principles such as competitiveness, transparency, security of supply, "and especially important for Bulgaria at a bargain price."
- » Rumen Radev and Nicos Anastasiades: The EU Budget Should Reflect the Ambition for a United and Active Europe
- » PM Borissov: Bulgaria has Invested over BGN 1 Billion for the Three Seas Initiative
- » Rumen Radev: The Partnership between Bulgaria and Japan Provides the Opportunity for our Speeded-up Development as a Country of High Technologies and Science
- » PM Borissov to Take Part in the Extraordinary Meeting of the European Council
- » PM Borissov: Bulgaria has Consistently Supported NATO European and Euro-Atlantic Prospects
- » President Radev Discussed Bulgaria's Bid to Join the Euro Area with BNB Governor