Turkish Fighters Bombed Targets in Northern Iraq
Turkish fighters bombed targets in northern Iraq. This is said in a Defense Ministry statement quoted by BGNES.
The air strikes have destroyed bases and warehouses used by Kurdistan Workers' Party PKK fighters in the Hakkur region.
The Kurdish conflict has lasted more than 30 years. It has taken the lives of approximately 40,000 people, including women and children. PKK is considered a terrorist organization from Ankara. It is included in the list of terrorist organizations from the United States and a number of EU countries.
- » Volkswagen Managers Are Being Investigated for Giving Excessively High Salaries to Certain Employees
- » Most of China's New Billionaires for 2018 Are from the Technology Sector
- » The EU Is Stepping up its Defense and Security Efforts
- » Erdogan: Turkey Could Suspend EU Membership Talks
- » Belarus Must Abolish the Death Penalty in order to Become a Member of the European Council
- » The European Council to Impose Sanctions over Turkish Drilling Operations near Cyprus