Landslide Destroyed 53 Buildings And A Mosque In Northern Turkey
Оn Thursday morning large landslide destroyed 53 buildings and a mosque in the Black Sea province of Ordu in northern Turkey.
“We had to evacuate 61 buildings and 80 houses so far, but unfortunately, 22 buildings, 31 houses and a mosque were destroyed, "Orddu Governor Sedar Yavuz told reporters.
Yavuz added that the authorities continue to provide financial support to the inhabitants of the evacuated homes.
About 29 houses in the landslide area were evacuated back in February when the first landslide occurred.
The landslide also left some houses and buildings, including a mosque, sloping.
After an investigation in the area, the authorities decided to evacuate a neighborhood inhabited by 70 households.
Тhe gendarmerie took precautions and blocked all entries to the landslide area.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Arrests and Riots in Some Italian Cities Against Restrictions
- » COVID-19 in Russia: Record of Daily Lethal Cases
- » Syria: Russian Airstrikes Killed Over 30 Turkish-backed Rebels
- » Hijacked Tanker Stormed by British Special Forces
- » COVID-19 in Europe: More Measures In the Battle Against Coronavirus
- » Biden Calls Russia 'Biggest Threat' to America