Rise In Price Of Cigarettes
Some cigarettes in Bulgaria already have new, higher prices. A reference in the public tobacco price register shows that many cigarettes brands are more expensive with 20 cents per box. Тhe appreciation is due to the pricing policy of the companies, not the changes in the excise duty.
With the increase, smokers' monthly costs for cigarettes are jumping, with approximately 10 leva – from 150 to 160 leva per month. However, traders say the new prices don’t reorient smokers to cheaper brands.
The Institute for Market Economics reports that even without rise in prices, cigarettes are more inaccessible in Bulgaria than in the rest of the EU. The rise in cigarettes may change the attitudes of the so-called risky group of smokers. There are about 250,000 people who would likely buy illegal cigarettes if the prices rise even higher. Recent market analyzes have shown that the share of illegal cigarettes is about 4.4%.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria Enters Orange Covid Zone within Days, 462 New Covid-19 Cases
- » Twitter Will Fight Fake News along Top News Agencies
- » Germany Also Will Apply 3rd Dose Anti-covid Booster from September
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Hot on Tuesday
- » Bulgarian National Radio: Andon Baltakov Resignes as Director General
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 393 New Cases