5.8 Magnitude Earthquake Strikes Japan
A 5.8-magnitude earthquake struck on Monday (Nov 13) off the east coast of northern Japan at 6.24am (Singapore time), according to the US Geological Survey (USGS), quoted by channelnewsasia.com
The quake hit 294km southeast of the city of Kamaishi at a depth of 9.5km.
USGS had initally recorded a magnitude of 6.1, but later downgraded it to 5.8.
The intensity of the quake was deemed not strong enough to cause any damage on land, The Japanese Meteorological Agency said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny Today, Rain in the Afternoon
- » Bulgaria Does Not Import Radioactive Waste According to the Minister of Environment and Water
- » Evacuation in Italy After Mont Blanc Glacier Threatens to Fall
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Rain Over Western Bulgaria, Sunny on the Seaside
- » Bulgaria: Second Earthquake for the Day
- » 3-Magnitute Earthquake Near Smolyan, Bulgaria