On the Eve of Pope Francis' Visit: Strict Security Measures in Sofia (Overview)
Hours remain until Pope Francis' visit to Bulgaria. Last preparations are running in the places the Holy Father will visit. In Sofia some restrictions on traffic and parking in the center take effect.
Pope Francis will arrive at 10 am and will be welcomed at the airport by Prime Minister Boyko Borissov. The two of them will meet in four eyes.
After the meeting with Borissov, the pope will head to the presidency where he will meet President Rumen Radev and representatives of the diplomatic corps.
At 13 o'clock the Pope will visit the temple-monument "St. Alexander Nevsky".
Due to the increased security measures, the center of Sofia will be blocked in the triangle between the monument "St. Alexandr Nevski, the National Assembly and the Presidency.
- » Bulgarian PM Borissov and the Minister of Defense Attended the Celebration of the Plovdiv Garrison
- » See Which European Countries are Opening Their Borders Today
- » Turkey Declared 20 km Border near Bulgaria for a Prohibited Military Zone
- » Law Changes in Bulgaria: 3 Years of Imprisonment , Fine to 10,000 BGN for Anyone Who Violates Rules against COVID-19
- » Minister Karakachanov: The United States has Given Bulgaria $87 Million for Military Equipment
- » Expert: The NRA Data Leak Have Attracted the Attention of Hackers from around the World