Pope Francis Donated Half a Million Dollars to Help Migrants From Mexico
Pope Francis donated half a million dollars to help migrants in Mexico trying to cross the border with the United States, the Vatican said.
The money comes from a special fund that manages the funds gathered from donations to Catholic churches around the world.
A Vatican's statement says that the vitally needed aid for migrants is released after the mass media coverage and the ever-worsening crisis.
Earlier Pope Francis criticized US President Donald Trump for his plans to build a wall across the American-Mexican border to halt the huge influx of migrants.
The United States continues with the pressure on Mexico to stop so-called migrant caravans with people from Central America moving north to seek refuge and a better life.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: From Today Changes in the List of Countries falling into the Red Zone
- » WHO: Travel Restrictions are Ineffective during a Pandemic
- » Boris Johnson: No Masks and COVID Certificates from Next Week
- » The White House: Russia could Launch an Invasion of Ukraine at any time
- » Erdogan invites Leaders of Russia and Ukraine to Talks in Turkey
- » Roberta Metsola Elected as President of the EP on her Birthday