WHO: Measles Cases Have Risen by 300%
Actual cases of infection outweigh the reported, alarmed by the organization, quoted by NOVA TV.
Measles have risen by 300% worldwide for the first three months of 2019, compared with the same period last year, according to World Health Organization (WHO), quoted by BTA.
"Although these data are conditional and incomplete, they show a trend. In many countries there are outbreaks of the disease. In many regions, there has been a significant increase in measles cases'', the health organization said.
The WHO notes that actual cases of infection exceed the times reported, which means that the early 2019 forecasts have underestimated the the seriousness of the outbreaks.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 316 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Exactly 100 New Cases of COVID-19 have been Registered in Bulgaria
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 293 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Belgium has introduced Quarantine for Monkeypox
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 96 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » WHO has data on 92 Cases of Monkeypox from 12 Non-Endemic Countries