The EP Adopted the Mobility Package at First Reading
The European Parliament adopted at first reading changes to the Mobility package, reported NOVA TV.
The European Parliament adopted at first reading the controversial Mobility Package for International Carriers.
Three projects were voted and more than 1,000 proposals for amendments were rejected, including those of the Bulgarian MPs for postponement and procedural objections.
Following today's vote, talks between the European Parliament, the Council of the European Union and the Commission will begin.
If these negotiations are completed successfully in the next and last session of the EP in April, a second reading vote will be held before the election of MEPs in May.
The next negotiations will be led by the Romanian Presidency of the Council of the EU. The presidency has two weeks to reach an agreement.
- » The Juncker Plan Will Provide Financial Assistance of BGN 10 million For 320 Micro-Enterprises in Bulgaria
- » EP Supports Accession Talks with Albania and Northern Macedonia
- » New Report: EC Reports on Bulgaria's Progress, Considers Dropping Monitoring (REVIEW)
- » Today's EC Monitoring Report on Bulgaria is Likely to be the Latest
- » The Latest Monitoring Report on Bulgaria is Expected to be Submitted Today
- » Six Countries Sign Common Document on Mobility Package