Bulgaria is Spending 1.43% of GDP on Defense
Bulgaria is spending 1.43% of GDP on defense without the cost of military pensions. This is clear from the Alliance's Annual Report on how much the Allies spend.
Where is Bulgaria in NATO and the Future of the Alliance - a discussion on this topic brought together military, politicians and students in the National Assembly who discussed the benefits of our membership in the North Atlantic Alliance.
Prof. Antoniy Galabov, Sociologist and Political Scientist: Practical transfer of experience and technology is no less important aspect of security than the availability of weapons and military capabilities.
According to the NATO Annual Report on defense spending for the member states, Bulgaria is in 14th place.
Out of 28 allies, only 7 countries exceed the 2% threshold.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Foreigners with Positions in Bulgaria’s “Arsenal” Weapons Factory Left in Custody
- » Bulgaria: Customs Officers Found over 500,000 Pieces of Contraband Cigarettes
- » United States Successfully Tested Hypersonic Weapon
- » NATO Greenlights Idea of Building EU Rapid Reaction Force
- » Terrorist Attack in a Supermarket in New Zealand
- » 34 Afghans Evacuated to Bulgaria