Bulgaria is Spending 1.43% of GDP on Defense
Bulgaria is spending 1.43% of GDP on defense without the cost of military pensions. This is clear from the Alliance's Annual Report on how much the Allies spend.
Where is Bulgaria in NATO and the Future of the Alliance - a discussion on this topic brought together military, politicians and students in the National Assembly who discussed the benefits of our membership in the North Atlantic Alliance.
Prof. Antoniy Galabov, Sociologist and Political Scientist: Practical transfer of experience and technology is no less important aspect of security than the availability of weapons and military capabilities.
According to the NATO Annual Report on defense spending for the member states, Bulgaria is in 14th place.
Out of 28 allies, only 7 countries exceed the 2% threshold.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian PM Borissov and the Minister of Defense Attended the Celebration of the Plovdiv Garrison
- » See Which European Countries are Opening Their Borders Today
- » Turkey Declared 20 km Border near Bulgaria for a Prohibited Military Zone
- » Law Changes in Bulgaria: 3 Years of Imprisonment , Fine to 10,000 BGN for Anyone Who Violates Rules against COVID-19
- » Minister Karakachanov: The United States has Given Bulgaria $87 Million for Military Equipment
- » Expert: The NRA Data Leak Have Attracted the Attention of Hackers from around the World