EC: If Britain has not Left the EU by May, it has to Elect MEPs
If Britain has not left the EU until the election of MEPs, it will have to participate in these elections. This was stated at a press conference by a spokesman for the European Commission.
He added that the EU has not yet received a substantiated request from the British side to extend the pre-separation period. The spokesman noted that, in order to be confirmed, such a request should be supported by all other EU countries. In his words, in this process for the EU, the most important thing is to ensure the normal functioning of the Community institutions.
Asked to assess the behavior of British Prime Minister Theresa May, the spokesman said that EC President Jean-Claude Juncker has repeatedly expressed his high respect for her and her work. Responding to a question, what message would the British MPs say, the spokesman said they know best how to do it.
- » The Netherlands Has Blocked Negotiations with Albania For the EU
- » So Far, the EU Has Done Nothing to Save the 2015 Nuclear Agreement, Iran Said
- » The EU Introduces More Secure Identity Documents
- » The EU Has Adopted Additional Rules to Combat Illegal Migration
- » Manfred Weber Was Elected as the Leader of the EPP in the European Parliament
- » The EC Published New Guidelines on the Interaction of the Free Movement of Non-Personal Data