EC: If Britain has not Left the EU by May, it has to Elect MEPs
If Britain has not left the EU until the election of MEPs, it will have to participate in these elections. This was stated at a press conference by a spokesman for the European Commission.
He added that the EU has not yet received a substantiated request from the British side to extend the pre-separation period. The spokesman noted that, in order to be confirmed, such a request should be supported by all other EU countries. In his words, in this process for the EU, the most important thing is to ensure the normal functioning of the Community institutions.
Asked to assess the behavior of British Prime Minister Theresa May, the spokesman said that EC President Jean-Claude Juncker has repeatedly expressed his high respect for her and her work. Responding to a question, what message would the British MPs say, the spokesman said they know best how to do it.
- » France with Stricter Regulation of Electric Scooters
- » More Than Half of Britons Want a Referendum on the Brexit Agreement
- » Five EU Countries Agree to Welcome Migrants From Open Arm Ship
- » Jean-Claude Juncker Won’t Attend the G7 Summit in France
- » Serbia the only WB Country with more Trust in the Government than in the EU
- » Italy Introduces a € 1 Million Fine For Rescuing Refugees