Bulgarian Ministry of Interior: Growth of Child Crime in 2018
Growth of child crime in 2018, shows the statistics of the Ministry of Interior. What are the most common crimes committed by children and how old they are, comments journalists Paula Naidenova and Margarita Petkova and the psychologist Ivan Igov in the morning block of the Bulgarian National Television.
The journalist Paula Naidenova summarized the statistics of the Ministry of Interior that in 2018, a total of 96,000 crimes were committed by children. She explained that the most crimes were committed in Sofia.
As a reason she pointed out first of all - thefts. These include drug-related crimes and hooliganism in schools and on the street. According to the Ministry of Interior, the reasons for the aggression are replaced with moral values, social problems, lack of enough programs for engaging young people, dropping out of school at an early age and family problems, the journalist added.
Ivan Igov added that children's problems arise in the family and the social environment, but the main reason should be found in parents.
According to him, dozens of institutions deal with children's behavior outside of the norm, but they are all working on the law on anti-social acts since 1956. Igov believes that in today's democratic society this law is not capable of solving such problems.
According to Margarita Petkova, all institutions say they are dealing with children and preventive measures for their antisocial behavior, but no positive results are reported. Petkova added that the economy in the country must be working so that mothers and fathers can find a suitable profession.
- » Parliament Officially Goes into Election Vacations Until October 25 Inclusive
- » We are Celebrating the Feast of Aviation and the Bulgarian Air Force
- » After the Security Council: Bulgaria Urges Turkey to Suspend Military Operation in Syria
- » The Security Council will Meet Today Due to the Situation in Syria
- » 40% of the Roads in Bulgaria are in Poor Condition
- » Rosen Plevneliev: Northern Macedonia MUST Be in the EU, Macron is Wrong