Find Out Which Bulgaran Municipality Will be with a Completely Free Urban Transport
Residents of Stamboliyski will be able to travel on buses without money, both in the city and in the neighboring villages, reported NOVA TV.
Stambolyiski became the first Bulgarian municipality in Bulgaria with a completely free transport for the citizens. From today, except in the city, residents will be able to travel on buses without money and to the neighboring six villages.
The costs are entirely from the local government, which invests in the purchase of new buses and has won an EU award in the category "Innovation in politics''.
The two new buses, which will travel for free started to work on the two main lines. One is urban and the other serves the six villages of the municipality.
So far, Stamboliyski's public transport has been serviced by a private company, but it has been expensive for the municipality. So the mayor decided to buy two buses and paid BGN 210,000. According to the mayor, the project is economically profitable. He believes that the investment will be repaid within a short time - up to two years.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Prime Minister Pledges Average Wage in Bulgaria to Be at Least BGN 2,000
- » Bulgaria’s President: US Senate’s Slashing Criticism Is Warning Signal to Our Establishment
- » Bulgaria: Road Police Launches New 3-Day Traffic Safety Operation
- » Bulgarian Parliament Says No to Russian Vaccine
- » US Secretary of State Congratulates Bulgarians on National Liberation Day
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Warm Today, Rain and Snow on Saturday