Ambassador Emma Hopkins: We Want an Agreement with the European Union
,,We are in a decisive period, we hardly have time to see how we will deal with the EU negotiations. We look forward to the crucial vote in parliament, our MPs will have the last opportunity to do the best for the UK.'' This is what Emma Hopkins, Ambassador of Great Britain to Bulgaria, commented in the morning block of the Bulgarian National Television.
,,If there is no positive vote on Theresа May's deal, we will have to ask for a delay, that is a crucial time for us. The United Kingdom will not be in an indefinite situation. We want an agreement this week we want to negotiate seriously in Brussels. The EU knows how to reach a compromise at the last moment, I think it is possible'', Hopkins commented.
In her words, the agreement is a positive step. However, there are details about problem with the border with Ireland, that we can not sort. Britain consists of 4 separate parts, and there are complex details that need to be clarified.
''There is no real boundary between Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland. The majority of people want from the heart a peaceful, integrated position in the relations between the UK and the Republic of Ireland'', said Emma Hopkins.
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister Will Participate in the Council for Foreign Affairs and the General Affairs Council in Luxembourg
- » Information Days for Bulgarian Citizens in Cyprus
- » Foreign Minister: We will Establish Regular Contact between the Diplomats of Bulgaria and UAE
- » Rumen Radev Met with Hungarian President Janos Ader in Budapest
- » TASS: Russia Ready to Develop Cooperation with Bulgaria
- » The Process of Preparing the Bulgaria-Romania Program 2021-2027 was Launched